Click here for a printable color version of the Professional Development Ladder and Footnotes
Click here for a printable grayscale version of the Professional Development Ladder and Footnotes
Professional Development Ladder
1. Bachelor Degree of Arts, Bachelor Degree of Science.
2. College credit hours must be on the Recommended Approved
Coursework List (www.cecpd.org) and be earned at a regionally
accredited college or university.
3. No more than 6 hours of informal professional development
are counted toward both initial and renewal hours. Training
in the core content areas identified in “Oklahoma Core
Competencies for Early Childhood Practitioners.” 1) child
growth and development; 2) health, safety and nutrition; 3)
child observation and assessment; 4) family and community
partnerships; 5) learning environments and curriculum; 6)
interactions with children; 7) program planning, development
and evaluation; and/or 8) professionalism and leadership.
4. Associate Degree of Arts, Associate Degree of Science.
5. The Certificate of Mastery in child development or early
childhood education is a minimum 18 credit hour certificate
awarded by an Oklahoma community college.
6. Master Teacher Competency Certificate only awarded by
Oklahoma Department of Career Technology.
7. Training approved through the Oklahoma Professional
Development Registry (OPDR) (www.cecpd.org). All OPDR
approved training is tied to the “Oklahoma Core Competencies
for Early Childhood Practitioners.”
NOTE: Informal professional development is not counted toward
meeting this requirement.